Below are details regarding several opportunities open to public input that you may be interested in:
- Springbank Off-Stream Reservoir Project information sessions: these are all scheduled from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., between August 16 and 29 at various locations, check the AB Gov't website for more info (and scroll to the bottom of that page).
- Want to learn from experts about watershed restoration? Then, sign up for some of the remaining spots in the Riparian Restoration Workshop Series, offered by Sustainability Resources and Cows & Fish between August 23 to 27, with a new topic each day. If you attend at least 2 sessions you can earn a certificate in Riparian Restoration Essentials.
- Miistakis Institute is conducting a citizen science project until the end of August, called the Call of the Wetland. It is designed to help monitor amphibians in the Calgary area. You can download the app and sign up for available dates & locations to record your observations. Click this link for more information.
- The City of Calgary is redesigning their notices regarding planning & re-zoning issues, and they are looking for public input until September 15.
- CRV is looking for members of the public who are interested in volunteering to review issues related to urban planning and development, and who can work with others on our Watershed Planning & Planning Committee. Please contact CalgaryRiverValleys2@outlook.com if you are interested or need more information.