You are invited to this FREE Calgary River Valleys event on March 29th. Danah Duke, Executive Director of the Miistakis Institute, will speak on the Call of the Wetland project; a citizen science project aimed at monitoring amphibian activity in Calgary, and designed to engage citizens in learning about the importance of wetlands and connecting people with nature. Danah Duke holds an MSc in Environmental Biology and Ecology from the U of A, as well as a BSc in Biology from McMaster University. She has been the Executive Director of Miistakis Institute for the past 15 years. The Miistakis Institute is a non-profit environmental research institute that is affiliated with MRU in Calgary.
This will be followed by our short Annual General Meeting, with a networking wine & cheese to end the evening.
- Date: Wednesday March 29th, 2017
- Time: 7:00 pm with wine & cheese to follow
- Address: Calgary Water Centre, 625 25 Ave SE (see Google Map link)
- Room: Bow River Rooms
- 7:00 pm Sign-in
- 7:10 pm Welcome and introductions
- Guest speaker: Danah Duke, Executive Director of Miistakis Institute
- Q & A
- 7:40 pm Calgary River Valleys’ Annual General Meeting
- 8:20 pm Networking Wine & Cheese reception until 9:00 pm
How to get there:
- by car — there are 2 options for parking:
- the Water Centre Visitor’s lot, accessed from the short spur arm of Spiller Road that runs to the south of 25 Ave SE to 26 Ave SE, it is at the west side of the Water Centre Building, and
- a free parking lot just across Spiller Road to the west, although you will need to input your license plate number into the ParkPlus machine
- by transit — take the C-train to Erlton Station at the south end of the Stampede grounds, and walk east on 25 Ave SE to the Water Centre (about 10 mins)
We are looking forward to seeing you at this event!
NOTE: All are welcome to attend, even if you are not a member of CRV. If possible, RSVP to CalgaryRiverValleys2@outlook.com so we have an idea of numbers.